Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 is the 2-in-1-out version of our latest Prusa I3
series 3D printer. This is a fused filament fabrication printer, easy to use and also designed for DIYers and professionals alike.
The M201 features our newly engineered the 2-in-1-out switchable hotend, that feeds 2 filaments through one nozzle. With the new 2-in-1-out hotend the M201 can work like a color palette, providing a new level of expression with your prints allowing you to create alternating colors, blending color and gradients.
In order to achieve this we optimized the firmware that is driven by our newly developed GTM32 control system, which is based on the STM32 processor and paired with the ARM Coretex M3, running a dominant frequency of 72MHz, greatly improving the overall printing performance.
We added a new feature, the Mixer, to the interface to control the percentage of the feed rate of the two filaments. To prevent the extruder from becoming jammed from over fused filament detained in the barrel we added an over fused protect feature or OFP which is enabled by default and keeps things running smooth. When using the OFP feature the maximum feed rate of the 2 filaments is no grater than 96% and no lower than 4%.
First, in Mixer, you can custom the the feed rate proportion of the two filament to generate new colors, that is a kind of blending color. The sum feed rate of Filament 0 and Filament 1 is 100%. If you manually adjust either of the two values, system will automatically work out the other value. The proportion will not change unless you change it or choose other printing scheme. Different feed rate proportions can be used in one printing item.
Second, in Mixer>Templates, we have prepared 4 pairs, 8 kinds of built-in gradient templates for you to choose to print items with gradient colors. In this scheme, the feed rate proportion of two filament will vary with the printing process, and the waxing and waning proportion of two filament is reflected on the inform screen, so you can estimate the time duration and prepare for the next templates.
For the 8 templates, the greater the number is, the more apparent the gradient color will be. You can use any combination of these templates to generate items with diversified visual experience and making your printed works stand out in those tedious and monotonous models. These printing scheme can be manually adjusted in the menu of Control/Mixer on the LCD control panel easily, the system will be subjected to the latest option as default.
This M201 3D printer maintains DIY property, with which you can unleash your creativity to refit or modify it as you like. This kit is just the beginning; you can get more out of it.
1. Self-developed control system based on STM32 processor, paired with the ARM Coretex M3, running a dominant frequency of 72MHz, greatly improving the overall printing performance.
2. Optimized firmware, with new feature of adjusting the proportion of feed rate from two extruders to print items with blending color or gradient colors.
3. 2-in-1-out switchable hotend, works like a color palette, providing a new way to print items in two different colors or gradient colors.
4. 280x210x200mm printing volume, able to printer larger models than most of the I3 printers on the market.
5. Up to 0.1mm printing precision, matching competitors that costs 10 times more on the market.
6. With LCD 2004 controller and SD card reader, support stand-alone printing.
7. Super-flat aluminum alloy print surface for better adherence.
8. 3D printing filaments compatible: PLA, ABS
Build volume: 280 x210x200mm
Printing resolution: 0.1-0.3mm
Print Speed: 60-110 mm/s
Filament diameter: 1.75mm
Nozzle diameter: 0.4mm
Filament type: PLA, ABS
Operating system: Windows/Mac/Linux
Control software: Repetier-Host, Printrun
File format: .STL，G-code
Max heated bed temperature: about 110 °C
Max extruder temperature: about 240°C
Input: 115V/1.5A or 230V/0.75A
Connectivity: USB, SD card (support stand-alone printing)
Frame: Laser-cut Acrylic plate of 8 mm thickness
Build Platform: Super-flat aluminum alloy+ heatbed
XYZ Rods: Wear-resistant, stainless steel
Stepper Motors: 1.8°step angle with 1/16 micro-stepping